Saturday, March 12, 2011

There is something you should know about me. . . A soundtrack. Part One.

This blog post has been a long time coming. I've told a few people about it already. You may be a part of this and not even know it. I will mention a few people by name. Some people will remain anonymous. Not necessarily for their protection, but maybe for mine. To be honest this started as an idea that I heard about and thought of attempting and then it became something bigger. And bigger. And then even bigger than I even thought it would become. So here it is, some sort of soundtrack to my life. In several different blog posts, I will attempt to explain some of the songs and then there are some songs that certain lines really explain themselves. These could be something that you could read each post individually without the others and understand it. But, as you'll soon find out, I'm more than the sum of my parts.


Half Jack by The Dresden Dolls
You were bound to find out sooner or later. I'm in love with the Dresden Dolls and Amanda Palmer and I can relate to many of their songs. This one especially. This is one that needs to be watched/ heard in it's entirety to understand it.


Heather by Heavens
Ever since high school one of my best friends loved this band and said this song reminded her of me. It's actually very accurate. And a very good band.


Disintegration by The Cure
This one isn't so much a song describing me, but one of those quintessential "goth" songs that had a very huge impact on my life.


Hold On by Tom Waits
What would a soundtrack to my life be without Tom Waits?


Lucretia My Reflection by The Sisters of Mercy
This song is another one of those "goth" songs that don't necessarily "explain" me in any way, but the song had a huge impact on my life. And after much contemplation on the issue, this is my favorite SOM song.


Older Crowd by MC Chris
Ever since I was about the age of 16 I hated anyone my age or younger. And now that I think about it, most people older than me too.


Girl Anachronism by The Dresden Dolls
And I'll leave you with this favorite by The Dresden Dolls and Amanda Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment